Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011

Amsterdam - meet the relatives!

On Wednesday I had arranged to go out to Heemskerk to meet my cousins Gina and Roelef who I had last seen 30 years ago in Perth.
I caught the train to Castricum where Gina picked me up with her oldest daughter Emily. OMG Gina is just so skinny

, Emily is lovely and has fabulous curly hair. and plays the harp!
but is mostly relaxed, and has just graduated - congrats, and who's 18th birthday is the next week after my visit
And Emily's boyfriend, sorry cant remember his name!
Here is Sophie and Mark, who where both bery good and listened to their parents and funny relative speak about 30 years ago!

Then there is Hans, Gina's husband. Nice man who drinks beer - can't be bad eh, and let me drink all his favourite beers! And of course he looks better with Gin with him!
Their house is great, lots of land, they have a pony, a goat, lots of chooks, Bob the dog, and fruit trees.  The creek that runs past the front of their house starts at the old Boogaard house! And a horse that Gina has that is 32 years old, but is stabled down the road!
Here is Roelef, same smile as 30 years ago!. I also met Petra his wife, and Iris (pronounced eeris) (daughter) but they escaped before I got the camera out!
After a dinner we walked into town and saw the original Boogaard home which is where my Opa and Gina and Roelef Opa lived. The house is over 100 years old but has a new roof, and the building roof and the building to the left is the old bulb shed now renovated and part of the house. The block where  they gre bulbs is now grass and has a road through it.
And then Gina and Roelef's OMA rode out to meet us, she is 84!.  Hi Oma
I nearly forgot about Johnny - my brother. He carried on so much about we should have tee-shirts with Brothers on Tour when we did our drive, that I found some and had them made.  Here we are!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen